Latitude: 43.22.10 Nord
Longitude: 11.00.21 Ost
Some navigation systems have problems with this address. Please download the route description, print it and take it with you. You find the pdf HERE
From direction south/Rome
- From Rome take the A1/E35 motorway, take the exit Valdichiana and then the road towards Siena (State Road SS326, then SS73).
- If you are in the immediate vicinity of Siena, follow the signs on your right to Firenze (Florence), which leads to the highway SS73/SS223/E78 from Siena in our direction.
- Follow the highway (Raccordo Autostradale Firenze-Siena) to the north
- Exit at Colle Val d’Elsa Sud.
- Follow the signs to Casole d’Elsa and Follonica and continue on a sort of ring road with three roudabouts.
- This road joins to the south with the SS541.
- 50 meters after crossing a small bridge (Ponte Santa Giulia) take a sharp turn right onto the SP74 provincial road towards Mensanello and Casole d’Elsa.
- After 7 km you will reach a stop sign. Turn right onto the SP27 provincial road towards Volterra.
- On the second roundabout, follow the SP27 towards Casole d’Elsa and Volterra.
- Go at the next roundabout towards Il Merlo and Volterra.
- After a steep hill you will find on your right a sign Il Merlo (district Casole), but continue straight ahead.
- After 3 km you pass a sign indicating the border between the provinces of Siena and Pisa
- After 300-400 meters, follow the sharp turn left for the entrance of ANTICO BORGO di TIGNANO.
From direction north/Florence (Firenze)
- From the North / Florence, leave the A1/E35 at exit Firenze-Impruneta.
- Drive on the highway (Raccordo Autostradale Firenze-Siena) to the south and exit at Colle Val d’Elsa Sud.
- Now proceed as explained above in the directions from the south
From direction west / Volterra
- From Volterra take the Strada Statale SS68 towards Colle Val d’Elsa.
- After about 12 km turn right onto the SP52 towards Casole d’Elsa.
- After 3.6 km, shortly after a sharp turn, you will find the entrance on your right with a sign for ANTICO BORGO di TIGNANO.