GPS Coordinates: 43.3698, 11.0048
Some navigation systems have problems with this address. Please download the route description, print it and take it with you. You’ll find the pdf HERE
From South: Rome/Siena
- From Rome take the A1/E35 motorway;
- Take the “Valdichiana” exit and then the road to SIENA (State Road SS326, then SS73, named Siena-Bettolle);
- If you are in the nearby of Siena, follow the road to FIRENZE (FLORENCE), which drive you to the highway SS73/SS223/E78 from Siena in our direction;
- Follow the highway (Raccordo Autostradale Firenze-Siena) heading North;
- Exit at COLLE VAL D’ELSA SUD;
- Follow the indications to COLLE VAL D’ELSA and then GRACCIANO: this road goes south as “SS541”;
- Drive heading CASOLE D’ELSA by passing through Mensanello: after 7 km you will reach a stop sign. Turn right to VOLTERRA;
- Continue on this road by driving through two roundabouts: turn left to VOLTERRA at the second one;
- After a steep hill you’ll find on your left an indication for IL MERLO (district Casole): after that continue straight ahead;
- After 3 km you’ll pass a sign indicating the border between the counties of SIENA and PISA;
- After approx 300 meters, follow the sharp left turn for the entrance of ANTICO BORGO di TIGNANO.
From North: Florence
- From the North / Florence, leave the A1/E35 motorway at exit Firenze-Impruneta;
- Drive on the highway (Raccordo Autostradale Firenze-Siena) heading South to SIENA and exit at COLLE VAL D’ELSA SUD;
- Now proceed as already explained above in the directions from South.
From West: Volterra
- From Volterra take the SS/SR 68 road to COLLE VAL D’ELSA;
- After about 12 km turn right to the SP52 to CASOLE D’ELSA;
- After 3,7 km, shortly after a sharp turn, you’ll find the entrance on your right with a sign for ANTICO BORGO di TIGNANO.